The Board is keen for members to be kept informed about what matters are discussed at the monthly meetings so read on to find out about the most recent meetings.
Notes from the Board Meetings of September & October 2020
- The Club is in the process of purchasing a new laptop computer which can be used in the caravan to record finishing times and hence make the Race Officers job easier.
- The Lease of the Club House is still in negotiations with PS Council. We hope for a final Draft soon which will be checked by a Solicitor.
- The Covid Regulations are been followed by most Members and any updates will appear on the Website
- A visit by Carl Webster from Australian Sailing was a success with Sail Pass
- ‘She Sails’ – a new initiative set up by Australian Sailing to encourage more women to take up sailing
- The Vice Commodore spoke about the forthcoming off-shore race to Newcastle and return on 13th and 14th November
- Steve Plante is to have the Garden Island mark serviced
- The Strategic Plan will be further discussed after the AGM
- The Secretary will send induction letters to new Members.
- PSYC turns 50 in 2021 and an event is to be arranged
- There as discussion about a new rounding mark near Nelson Bay
- Revisit the idea of asking the Shoal Bay Country Club to be a Sponsor
- 18th January 2021 is the new UNOFFICIAL date for the Breakout Regatta
- This years AGM is on at 6:00pm on Friday 6th November and members who can’t make it to the club will be able to vote online in advance of the meeting